Quzhou Leon Traffic Equipment Co., Ltd, Hua Ping Group Limited
Quzhou Leon Traffic Equipment Co., Ltd, Hua Ping Group Ltd
B-503, Lishi Lusenbao,Sanjiang East Rd, Quzhou City, Zhejiang, 324000 China
Initial contact with the supplier:
Online Supplier Directory
Type of product(s) being purchased:
Solar Powered Electronic Sign
Value of the Purchase Order when the incident occurred:
6,001 to 12,000 USD
Destination market of order in question:
US or Canada
Type of Complaint(s):
missed lead times, contract violations, scam, fraud
Stage of relationship with the supplier at the time of the incident:
I had a sale with a delivery date that required shipment by a specified date. I verified with the manufacturer representative, email@example.com that they could meet the both the buyers specifications for the product and the shipping date.
Leon Wan sent me photos of the finished product and requested the balance of the purchase price prior to shipment, which I paid. Once the payment was made Leon Wan stopped responding to my emails and the following occurred.
- The goods were not shipped by the specified date. Goods were shipped 30 days late causing me to default on the contract with my buyer and they terminated my contract.
- Goods were shipped EXW and not CIF resulting in me having to pay the shipping cost from China to Canada. When I emailed Leon about the freight cost he said the cost was more than he expected so I had to pay.
- The goods arrived in pieces with not instructions on how to assemble. When I emailed Leon about the instructions he sent me some photos with writing in Chinese.
- The Electronic Sign was manufactured so that the service doors needed to access the electronics for repair the sign portion could not be opened.
- The electronic sign was to be manufactured from aluminum but was manufactured using steel.
- The electronic sign will not turn on. The manufacturer will not provide any assistance, specifications or documentation on how to fix the sign.
This supplier is listed on Alibaba as a Gold Supplier. When I contacted Alibaba about this purchase their response was that I should contact the supplier directly. I would stay away from this supplier and not trust any promises made by Alibaba about their “Trade Assurance” program