Unit 14, Cocker St, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 2EP, United Kingdom
Initial contact with the supplier:
Type of product(s) being purchased:
Value of the Purchase Order when the incident occurred:
3,001 to 6,000 USD
Destination market of order in question:
Type of Complaint(s):
contract violations, scams & other unethical activities
Stage of relationship with the supplier at the time of the incident:
1. We requested from Mr. Nabil Awad (Shofoo) 200 Moon footballs as described in the website www.shofoo.biz, from which we purchased and received a sample. This sample was identical to the one shown in the web.
2. We requested 200 of such footballs at the price of 10 Sterling pounds/each. On the 6th of August 2014, we paid in full the 200 balls as per invoice 20235 via bank transfer order number 7301426. The consignment should have arrived in 4 weeks, that is, September 3rd, 2014.
3. On September 18th we received from Mr Nabil Awad by email 3 reference numbers of a shipment but the transportation company tracking service only showed two boxes on their way. Mr Nabil was informed of this event in writing. The local delivery company confirmed transportation had been ordered by him of only two boxes.
4. On September 22nd we received 2 boxes. The delivery company confirmed in writing that only two boxes were sent. The boxes we received in Madrid contained 60 footballs each of an entirely different type and quality to the sample and reference we had ordered: in total we have received 120 football balls of poor quality with no brand sign on them instead of the 200 moon footballs we should have received. The tracking numbers match the ones Interlink (and later SEUR) confirmed they picked up.
5. On the evening of September 22nd I called Mr Nabil Awad and he told me that he was not aware of the content and would look onto the mistake. Since then, I have not heard from him. He has not answered my calls or e-mails, fax and Bureau fax.
I have reported the issue to the UK police and trade organizations.
I have been buying promotional materials through the internet without a problem for the last 8 years. This time the trust has costed me 3,000 POUNDS and failing to deliver to a very important client. I would recommend not to pay upfront if you can help it.