Zhejiang Shuanglin Jiate Metal Technology Co., Ltd
Zhejiang Shuanglin Jiate Metal Technology Co., Limited
Building4-5F, No.86 Shixiang Road, Zhejiang, Hangzhou, China
Initial contact with the supplier:
Online Supplier Directory
Type of product(s) being purchased:
Aluminium 5052 – O sheet on coil
Value of the Purchase Order when the incident occurred:
6,001 to 12,000 USD
Destination market of order in question:
Type of Complaint(s):
contract violations, scams & other unethical activities
Stage of relationship with the supplier at the time of the incident:
ZHEJIANG SHUANGLIN JIATE METAL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD is the Export Department/company of Hangzhou Jinding Aluminium Industry Co., Ltd. This is a common practice of Chinese companies when the mother company/production site is in a remote area in Mainland China that is difficult to access. Most people there do not speak any English which is important for export, so they establish an Export Office close to a seaport with people that speak English.
As for us, we trade Aluminum in semi finished form.
We have contacted the supplier online and similar to others here, we found the sales lady very helpful in the beginning. We were looking for a cheaper supplier of Aluminum Coils in 5052 – O (or better SOFT) temper, as our current supplier back then increased the prices, which was not acceptable to our client. We quickly came to terms and wanted to furnish our client with a initial order of 4 tons so they can test the material. Full payment had to be made before shipment, which is normal in China. We were discussing all details such as the specifications and requirements the material must fulfill. After a whole lot of “don’t worry” and “that’s Okay” we delivered the four tons to the client. After checking the documents supplied by Zhejiang Shuanglin Jiate Metal, we found out the Mill Certificate showed temper H32 instead of O, which is much harder material. The supplier confirmed 100% that they issued this by accident and soon after that furnished us a “correct” mill certificate. The material failed the bending test, so it could not be used and our client was obviously not willing to pay. This may have been, because in fact the wrong temper has been supplied. When we asked the supplier how we should solve this problem (e. g. to third party test it, and if the test showed H32 temper, they must take back the material), the sales lady disappeared for a month “as her father was sick in hospital” and consequently nobody else in the office could help us out. After sending various emails and phone calls we finally managed to get her back on the phone (as they probably noticed we will not give up) and we then had to learn that it was not their fault as we probably ordered the wrong alloy and temper. No money will ever be reimbursed and other pending offers also were withdrawn with the statement “I think until pass the problem of 5052, we can’t have a good cooperation” – which actually means translated until we are not willing to let this go, the cooperation is over. Working with Chinese means they do not make mistakes, if something does not work out, it always is the customers fault. Some mill are working better in that respect, but this particular case is a very typical one where we sit on the claim and lost all our money without any possibility of getting it back.
– Have them send you their ISO Certificate. And then have the issuing authority confirm it is an original certificate.
– Let them give you 2-3 customer names that you can call and ask about the performance of their product. If they decline this for some funny reason such as “we need to protect our customers information” walk away
– Down payment you cannot avoid at all, all companies in China expect that. But the balance you can ask to pay against Bill of Loading. This guarantees you material has been shipped.
– Do a third party inspection (SGS is the most common) before shipment/loading the container.
– Remember – China is cheap, but if you buy the cheapest, it is the cheapest for a reason. Chance of fraud, really bad quality etc its very likely.
– Have a written agreement what happens if material cannot be used, if not as supplied as agreed.
– some sales people in china – if there is a claim – do not even show this to their boss or inform their production. So they just ignore you. So make sure the boss also is in the loop.
The best way is to speak to one of their existing customers – preferably located in your country.
0 comments on “Zhejiang Shuanglin Jiate Metal Technology Co., Ltd”